Teeccino Dark Chocolate Date Truffles
||Jill Nussinow, author of The Veggie Queen, posted this delicious recipe for Teeccino truffles sweetened by dates on her facebook page. With protein from nut butter and antioxidants from dates and dark chocolate, these truffles make a more nutritious treat than traditional truffles. Plus they are vegan! Watch out though, Jill warns, don't fool yourself - they are still dessert!
- ½ cup pitted dates
- ¼ cup strong brewed Chocolate or Mocha Teeccino
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons almond or peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Make a strong brew of Teeccino by using 1 Tbl Teeccino to 1 cup water in a drip coffee maker. Or make espresso if you have an espresso maker or moka pot.
- Let dates sit in the brewed Teeccino for at least 1 hour.
- Put dates into a small food processor. Blend with the Teeccino until well blended.
- Add the melted chocolate and nut butter and blend until smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder and blend until smooth.
- Chill this mixture for at least an hour or longer until firm.
- Scoop out a teaspoonful at a time and roll into small balls on a cutting board or a plate.
- Roll the ball in cocoa powder. Alternative coatings are powdered sugar, dessicated coconut, or cinnamon powder.
- Keep cool until ready to serve. They can be frozen to keep on hand for a special dessert or impromptu party. Defrost before serving.