|Blueberry Date||Cranberry Apple|
- Chia seeds, organic, milled for quick release of their soluble fiber and their nutrients. Milling chia seeds cracks their seed coating so their nutrients will be fully released and unlike whole chia seeds, the milled seeds won’t stick in your teeth! Chia seeds are grown organically in Chile and Bolivia. Learn more about chia seeds.
- Flax seeds, organic, milled for quick release of their soluble fiber and their nutrients. The shell of flax seeds is so hard; their nutrients can’t be absorbed without milling. Rumors that flax seeds go rancid quickly after milling aren’t substantiated by studies that show the presence of antioxidants keeps their nutrients stable at room temperature when protected from light and air. Flax seeds are grown organically in the US Midwest.
- Quinoa seeds, organic, steamed and flaked. Quinoa flakes are prepared like rolled oats. They have a similar color as rolled oats, but they’re lighter and more delicate due to quinoa’s smaller seed size. Quinoa seeds are grown organically in the Altiplano highlands of Bolivia.
- Amaranth seeds, organic, steamed & flaked. Amaranth flakes are prepared like quinoa flakes, but are even smaller and very thin due to the amaranth seed being so small to begin with! Amaranth is grown organically in Bolivia.
- Ramon seeds, organic, ground for easy digestion. Ramon seeds are very hard because they don’t contain any fat so they must be ground in order to be eaten. Ramon seeds are wild harvested in the Maya Biosphere Reserve in Guatemala. Learn more about ramon seeds.
- Pumpkin seeds, whole. We tasted pumpkin seeds from the US, Mexico, China, and India. By far the best tasting ones are small, oval seeds grown right here in Oregon! Organically grown pumpkin seeds from China were inferior in color, flavor, and freshness to Oregon’s seeds. We decided to sacrifice the organic certification for the time being in order for TeeChia to have the highest quality pumpkin seeds. Our search hasn’t stopped though and we intend to either find or contract to grow an excellent quality of organic pumpkin seeds in the future!
- Oats, rolled, certified gluten-free & organic. Oats don’t contain gluten, but they are typically contaminated with gluten by being processed in facilities that also process wheat and barley. Finding oats with both certifications was really hard and we almost gave up, but finally we found it! TeeChia’s rolled oat flakes are grown right here in the US Midwest.
- Almonds, roasted & chopped. Only found in TeeChia’s Cranberry Cinnamon. Nut sensitive people can eat TeeChia’s Blueberry Date, which is tree nut free. Almonds stay fresh longer than all other nuts like walnuts and pecans that go rancid rapidly after shelling. TeeChia’s almonds are grown and roasted without any oil or salt in California. Learn more about almonds.
- Dates, Deglet Noor, diced & ground. Low moisture Deglet Noor dates make a perfect sweetener for TeeChia because their sugars are bound in fiber which slows their release into the blood stream. Dates are harvested from palm trees that grow in California’s desert. Learn more about dates.
- Zante Currants, dried, organic. A small, sweet, seedless grape that originally came from Greece and is now grown organically in California. Coated with sunflower oil to keep the currants moist.
- Blueberries, dried, apple juice infused. Dried blueberries are more moist and flavorful when infused with apple juice concentrate. They are less sweet, have lower carbs, and have a stronger blueberry flavor than berries that have been infused with sugar.
- Cranberries, dried, organic, apple juice infused. Dried cranberries are infused with apple juice concentrate to keep them moist and add a bit of sweetness to offset the natural tartness of cranberries. Full cranberry halves that are organically grown in either the US or Canada are used in TeeChia.
- Freeze-dried cranberry & blueberry powders. Freeze drying is one of the best ways to preserve the full nutritional value and flavor complexity of a fruit. These freeze-dried powders boost the flavor and nutrient profile of TeeChia!
- Blueberry & cranberry flavors, natural. One of the most confused health topics in the natural foods industry is about natural flavors. We select flavors from trusted suppliers that are made only from natural flavoring components extracted without chemical solvents from the blueberries or cranberries themselves. Think of natural flavors as a way to bring concentrated flavor notes to TeeChia. There is no MSG, or derivatives of MSG, preservatives or propylene glycol in TeeChia’s flavors! They also comply with all organic regulations, using only approved ingredients and processes according to the National Organic Program.