It’s this simple: I love Chai and I love Teeccino. Why not put them together? I’ve created many caffeine-free chais with tea-like bases using rooibos. They’re wonderful but then comes the moment when you want something richer, darker and more potent. Who says chai can’t be made with a roasted robust body, brewed like coffee and energized with spices? Add sufficient hot milk and a true chai emerges to confound both tea and coffee drinkers alike. I say rules are made to be transcended – and Maya Chai rises above our limitations to merge the best of both worlds.
• Drip Coffee Maker: Use 1 rounded Tbsp per 2 cups of water.
• Filter Cone: Use 1 rounded Tbsp per 10 oz water.
• French Press: Add 1-2 Tbsp to ‘3-cup’, 3-4 Tbsp to ‘8-cup’ pots. Steep for 3 minutes.
• Espresso Machine: Use the double porta-filter and 102 rounded Tbsp. Brew according to machine instructions.
• Iced Teeccino: Chill brewed Teeccino. Or make a strong brew using 2 Tbsp per 2 cups water and pour the hot brew over ice.
• Adjust brewing strength and drink black or add creamer, milk, non-dairy milk and/or sweetener according to personal preference.
Ingredients: Roasted organic carob, organic barley, organic chicory, organic ramón seeds, organic cinnamon, organic ginger, organic cardamom, organic spice extract, natural vanilla extract and flavor.
May contain trace amounts of almonds. All Teeccino flavors are extracted from plants and comply with organic standards.