It’s this simple: I love Chai and I love Teeccino. Why not put them together? I’ve created many caffeine-free chais with tea-like bases using rooibos. They’re wonderful but then comes the moment when you want something richer, darker and more potent. Who says chai can’t be made with a roasted robust body, brewed like coffee and energized with spices? Add sufficient hot milk and a true chai emerges to confound both tea and coffee drinkers alike. I say rules are made to be transcended – and Maya Chai rises above our limitations to merge the best of both worlds.
• Drip Coffee Maker: Use 1 rounded Tbsp per 2 cups of water.
• Filter Cone: Use 1 rounded Tbsp per 10 oz water.
• French Press: Add 1-2 Tbsp to ‘3-cup’, 3-4 Tbsp to ‘8-cup’ pots. Steep for 3 minutes.
• Espresso Machine: Use the double porta-filter and 102 rounded Tbsp. Brew according to machine instructions.
• Iced Teeccino: Chill brewed Teeccino. Or make a strong brew using 2 Tbsp per 2 cups water and pour the hot brew over ice.
• Adjust brewing strength and drink black or add creamer, milk, non-dairy milk and/or sweetener according to personal preference.
Ingredients: Roasted organic carob, organic barley, organic chicory, organic ramón seeds, organic cinnamon, organic ginger, organic cardamom, organic spice extract, natural vanilla extract and flavor.
May contain trace amounts of almonds. *All Teeccino flavors are extracted from plants and comply with organic standards.