It’s quick and easy to make in large pyrex pans for big groups. Or make two layers with the cream cheese frosting in between. Guaranteed to be very popular with your guests. Serve it with either the Mocha glaze or the cream cheese frosting as you fancy!
- 1 cup brewed Teeccino Caffeine Free Herbal Coffee, Hazelnut or Almond Amaretto
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
Mocha Glaze Ingredients
- 1/2 cup brewed Mocha Teeccino, cooled
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 2 x 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 tsp grated orange peel
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- In a small sauce pan, heat the brewed Teeccino and molasses over medium heat until they combine. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda. Let stand one hour to cool
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Whisk flour, ground ginger, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and cardamom in a bowl
- Whisk eggs and both sugars together in a separate bowl
- Whisk vegetable oil into egg sugar mixture
- Whisk Teeccino/molasses mixture into oil, egg, sugar mixture
- Whisk liquid mixture into the dry mix
- Stir in fresh ginger
- Butter 3 8 inch cake pans. Divide the batter among the three pans. Bake until a tester comes out clean about 25 minutes.
- Can be served as 3 separate cakes or made into a layer cake with cream cheese frosting.
- Top cake with mocha glaze.
- Slowly blend powdered sugar into brewed Teeccino. If you want to spread the glaze like a frosting, add more powdered sugar, but if you want to drizzle the glaze on the cake, use less powdered sugar.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Mix cream cheese, butter and orange peel with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Slowly add powdered sugar until dissolved.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Spread between layers of gingerbread cakes.