Teeccino makes such a delicious tiramisu that you won’t want to stop eating it. Well, at least you won’t have to worry about the caffeine but we can’t promise the same for the calories!
- 2 1/2 cups sugar, divided into 1 cup and 1 1/2 cups
- 1 1/2 cup strongly brewed Teeccino French Roast of Java
- A splash of brandy or dark rum (optional)
- 1 1/2 lbs Mascarpone Cheese
- Ladyfingers, 2 boxes, or enough to cover 12″ x 12″ dish
- 6 eggs
- Unsweetened Cocoa
Teeccino Simple Syrup
- Mix 1 cup sugar, brewed Teeccino and brandy or rum in a small pot.
- Boil 5 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a mixer, beat Mascarpone cheese until smooth.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 cup sugar to cheese and beat in until combined (if you desire, you can add vanilla or almond flavoring to this mixture)
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites
- Add the egg yolks to the cheese and sugar mixture and blend until smooth
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites into a stiff froth. Add a pinch of cream of tartar midway through beating them to help stiffen the froth until it forms little peaks.
- In a large bowl, carefully fold the egg whites into the cheese mixture with a wooden spoon. Gently scoop the cheese mixture over the egg whites until they are incorporated. The cheese mixture should be light and airy.
- Repeat the following 3 steps 3 times
- Dip the Ladyfingers one at a time, sugar side up, into the Teeccino simple syrup. Place each one at the bottom of a 12″ x 12″ ceramic dish in single layer.
- Brush the top of the layer well with the Teeccino simple syrup.
- Spread 1/3 of cheese mixture on top of Lady fingers.
- Sprinkle lightly with unsweetened cocoa. Sieve the cocoa powder through a fine metal mesh to create a finely dusted topping.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.