This classic Italian “pick-me-up” was created by Feasting On Fruit food blogger, Natalie. Although convential is not Natalie’s style, she still used all of the traditional flavors for this delightful and caffeine-free version of tiramisu. This delicious desert is the perfect treat to keep your energy stable and steady without interfering with your Zzz’s. Plus, it’s vegan!
- 1 cup less 2 tbsps oat flour
- 2½ tbsps non-GMO corn starch (organic preferably!)
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar or coconut sugar
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsps almond milk yogurt (or any non-dairy yogurt)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 8 pitted medjool dates
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (preferrably vanilla flavored)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsps non-GMO corn starch (organic preferably!)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup brewed Teeccino (brew strong using 1 rounded tablespoon per 1 cup water)
- 1 tbsp of cacao powder
FOR THE CAKE:
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Sift the oat flour, baking powder, and cornstarch into a mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk till smooth.
- Pour a shallow layer of cake into the bottom of a 8×8″ square pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes until the center bounces back when touched.
- Set aside to cool.
FOR THE PUDDING:
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender or food processor on high till smooth.
- Pour into a large heat-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. Whisk. Then microwave for another 1 minute on high until thickened.
- Let it cool with a piece of plastic wrap on top.
- Once everything is cool, cut the cake into cubes.
- Briefly dip each cube into the Teeccino and layer them in the bottom of the glass.
- Top with the pudding, a dusting of cacao powder, and chocolate shavings if you want to be fancy.
Photos and recipe credit: Feastingonfruit.com http://www.feastingonfruit.com/home/2015/08/14/hclf-tiramisu