The Travel’n Chefs came up with this delicious Teeccino barbecue sauce to enhance your grilling moments. Marinate fresh grilled fish and meat in it or savor it over fresh-off-the-grill mushrooms, sliced eggplant and zucchini. Watch your guests wonder whatever could be in this barbecue sauce that makes it so good!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced small
- 1-2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup brewed Teeccino (Java or Vanilla Nut)
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup kethcup
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
Mix bourbon with brewed teeccino, set aside. In a largue sauce pot, melt the butter over medium heat and sautée the onions and garlic until translucent. Add Teeccino/bourbon mix, and stir over heat while reducing the mixture by half. Add tomatoes and simmer 15 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes more. Purée the mixture in a food processor and pour into a glass jar. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature. Will keep for 1 week in a refrigerator. Makes approximately 5 cups.