Chili doesn’t get any better than this. The combination of buttery butternut squash and rich black beans, with the infusion of Java Teeccino makes for a hearty and complex harmony of flavors that will have folks of all ages clamoring for more.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can of plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 cup of brewed Teeccino Java or French Roast
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 taplespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, gralic and the jalapeño. Cover and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, brewed Teeccino, apple juice, tomato paste, chili powder, salt and squash. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Simmer until the squash is tender, about 30 minutes. Add the beans, then taste and adjust the seasonings. Simmer for about 15 minutes.