The Teeccino Mexican Hot Chocolaté shines with a spicy kick, perfect for dessert or on a cold winter night by the fireplace!
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup Brewed Teeccino (we used French Roast, other options could be Java or Chai)
- 2 ounces chopped dark chocolate (or semi-sweet chips)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar (could substitute stevia)
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Stir to combine and heat until just before boiling.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.
You can use any combination of milk, soy or coconut. I used 3 cups 1% milk. Recipe is just slightly spicy. Add more chili powder for more “kick.”