Pumpkins jump into our consciousness the minute the fall air starts to cool and get crisp. Once the leaves die away in the fields of pumpkins, suddenly bright orange globes are revealed lying everywhere.
Happiness is truly the sight of those plump gourds that are native to North America. They make us recall the fun days of carving them into scary faces to decorate our homes for trick or treating on Halloween!
Pumpkin spice is renowned in holiday pies and now it has morphed into our lattes. The passion for pumpkin spice lattes has grown exponentially over the last few year.
After our fans requested it, I created Teeccino Pumpkin Spice which gets rave reviews every fall. This year, I thought it would be fun to create a Teeccino Pumpkin Spice Latte by making Pumpkin Spice Creamer to produce even more pumpkin-y flavor in Teeccino!
Get started by brewing Teeccino Pumpkin Spice using either the 11 oz all-purpose-grind bag or tea bags in the the 25 count box, both of which are part of our exclusive Boutique collection on teeccino.com. While Teeccino is brewing, get the Pumpkin Spice Creamer ready:
Use either regular milk or a non-dairy milk like Califia Almond Milk, unsweetened. Almond milk adds a nice nutty flavor that compliments pumpkin spice really well!
2 cups milk / almond milk
2 tbsp canned pumpkin purée
4 tbsp maple syrup
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice blend (We used Frontier’s Organic Pumpkin Spice blend)
½ tsp cinnamon (Add if you want more cinnamon flavor)
Optional: ½ tsp turmeric powder for color and antioxidants!
1) Begin by adding the pumpkin purée and the maple syrup to a pot.
2) Whisk the ingredients together while you pour in the milk.
3) Add the spices and whisk well to incorporate.
4) Heat the mixture on the stove until hot.
5) Froth using an electric hand mixer. Almond milk with pumpkin in it won’t froth up quite as much as regular milk but it still produces a lovely foamy effect.
6) Choose a festive mug. Fill it half full with brewed Teeccino Pumpkin Spice. Fill the rest of the mug with the frothed pumpkin creamer.
7) For an extra treat, top with whipped cream. We’ve fallen in love with So Delicious CocoWhip that stores easily in the freezer. We tested both the light and the regular and actually preferred the light. It really acts just like whipped cream and is …. Yes, so delicious!!
The Quickie Method:
Califia Pumpkin Spice Almondmilk Creamer: Made super creamy with coconut cream. Very sweet from cane sugar so a little goes a long way. The cinnamon is quite pronounced so you don’t get much pumpkin-y flavor but it is delicious in Teeccino Pumpkin Spice when used as a creamer.
Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Spice Almond Beverage: This has milk consistency rather than creamer so you can make a real Teeccino Pumpkin Spice latte with it. It contains real pumpkin purée too so it adds more flavorful pumpkin-y taste. Plus it has a lovely orange color from natural annatto that makes the mug look quite appealing. Use ½ brewed Teeccino to ½ Pumpkin Spice Almond Beverage. Stir with a spoon and watch the lovely swirl of colors as they meld together!