Alice Foote MacDougalls Famous Waffles
A savvy businesswoman and owner of a chain of coffee & waffle houses in NYC during the early 1900s, Alice Foote MacDougall (Carolines great grandmother), has been an inspiration for the Teeccino brand. While thinking of a recipe to make during May (AKA Mothers Day Month) we immediately thought of Alice and her inspiring story. She was famous for her waffles which launched a chain of high-end restaurants in New York City. We slightly modified Alices recipe by substituting half of the milk with a freshly brewed batch of Teeccino Dandelion Coconut (our flavor of the month). We think Alice would have enjoyed our creativity! We hope you enjoy our rendition of Alices recipe as much as we do!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 waffles
- 3 cups flour we used wheat
- 4 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk Vegan option: use non-dairy milk
- 1 cup brewed Teeccino Dandelion Coconut allow to cool to at least lukewarm
- 1/2 cup butter Vegan option: Vegan butter alternative
- 4 eggs Vegan option: you may also use flax eggs. To make a flax egg, mix one tablespoon ground flaxseed meal with three tablespoons of water. Mix together, and let sit in your fridge for 15 minutes to set up and thicken.
- 1 tbsp Butter Optional
- 2 tbsp maple syrup Optional
- Fresh Berries Optional
Beat yolks well.
Add sifted dry ingredients and milk alternately to the yolks, mixing with a spoon.
Melt the butter and add to the batter
Lastly, fold in the stiffly beaten whites, carefully so the batter stays light and fluffy.
Cook per your waffle irons instructions.
Enjoy with all of your favorite toppings! We chose to use butter, organic maple syrup and fresh berries.
Calories: 636kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 228mg | Sodium: 587mg | Potassium: 654mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1062IU | Calcium: 293mg | Iron: 5mg