Teeccino Turmeric Golden 'Milk' from Nirvana
This may be the most delicious drink I’ve ever made. I really didn’t expect pungent spices like turmeric and ginger simmered in almond milk with coconut cream and dates to turn into such a creamy, frothy beverage that is completely divine. Move over any dessert– this cup will hit the spot and leave you completely transported to nirvana.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 1 cup
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk Whole Foods 365 is organic and unsweetened
- 1-2 inches fresh turmeric sliced into thin rounds (or 1 tsp turmeric powder)
- 1-2 inches fresh ginger sliced into thin rounds or 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tea bag Teeccino Dandelion Turmeric or 1 tbsp of the all-purpose grind
- 1/3 cup coconut cream Trader Joes' is organic and truly rich
- 2 medjool dates pitted and chopped
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- sprinkle of cinnamon powder Vietnamese is preferred
Into a pot, place the almond milk, fresh turmeric, and ginger slices (or dried powders), dash of black pepper, and the Teeccino Dandelion Turmeric tea bag (minus the string and tag which you should cut off) or the Dandelion Turmeric grounds.
Simmer for 5-10 minutes on a low heat. The milk will begin to turn golden yellow from the turmeric.
Into a blender, put the coconut cream and the chopped dates. Blend them until smooth.
Remove the pot of simmering liquid from the stove and take out the tea bag with a spoon.
Strain the liquid through a tea strainer or fine mesh strainer into the blender to remove the spices and grounds.
Blend well until the liquid is frothy.
Pour into a cup. Sprinkle cinnamon across the top of the cup.
Sit back and savor this deliciously, rich drink that brings you all of the health benefits of turmeric and ginger plus pure unadulterated pleasure!
Calories: 447kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Sodium: 331mg | Potassium: 658mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 72IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 331mg | Iron: 3mg