Why do our taste buds love roasted flavors? Maybe because it’s been embedded in our DNA since the days when our ancestors sat around fires roasting whatever they had foraged. Roasting makes everything taste delicious and converts fiber into a more digestible form. Lately the craze for raw cacao (cocoa’s botanical name) has been trending, but I, for one, am a fan of the age-old roasted cocoa flavor. That’s the magic that creates “mocha” ~ the satisfying blend of roasted coffee notes from dandelion and chicory roots against rich, taste bud-entrancing cocoa.
A cup of Dandelion Mocha isn’t just for pleasure, though there’s plenty of that! The bitters in dandelion and chicory roots kick your liver and gallbladder into action. These two roots also happen to be nature's highest sources of inulin, the prebiotic soluble fiber that feeds your probiotics ~ those triillons of gut microflora that are responsible for creating vitamins, immune metabolites, and healthy digestion and elimination. They do everything from reducing inflammation to influencing your food cravings. Feed them and you shall thrive!
- Naturally caffeine free – no processing or chemical residue
- Acid free – helps restore alkaline balance
- Natural energy boost – from nutrients not stimulants
- Antioxidants from carob, dandelion root, cocoa, dates, figs and almonds
- Contains heart-healthy potassium and soluble fiber
- Prebiotic – inulin from chicory root feed your probiotics, the beneficial microflora that improve digestive health, regularity and supports your immune system. Inulin extracts naturally into your cup from chicory roots during brewing.
- Teeccino tea bags make brewing Teeccino easy and convenient at home or on the go!
- Each tea bag contains 6g of Teeccino. Regular tea bags only hold 1 - 2g. Teeccino tea bags have more than 3 times the product as regular tea bags to create a full-bodied brew.
- The exact same Teeccino grounds are in the tea bags as in our 11 oz bags. Tea bags are simply Teeccino in a filter bag.
- Each tea bag is individually wrapped in an envelope to seal in flavor and make it easy to transport wherever you go.
- Certified 100% compostable tea bag filter paper. Oxygen-bleached.
- 100% recycled carton: 70% post consumer material.
Roasted organic carob, organic chicory, organic dandelion root, dates. almonds, natural mocha flavor, organic organic figs, organic cocoa powder.
- When opening the envelope give a little shake at the top to move the tea bag to the bottom of the envelope. This makes sure the filter bag is below the tear-point in the envelope.
- Pour 8 oz of boiling water over the tea bag in a cup and steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Dunk the bag several times in the beginning for the best brew.
- Use 2 tea bags for a stronger brew in a larger mug or tea pot.
- Add milk, non-dairy milk and sweetener as you prefer.
- Adjust brewing strength to your own personal preference. If a brew tastes too strong, simply dilute it by adding hot water, milk or nondairy milk.
- Brewed Teeccino can be reheated because its flavor doesn’t go stale like coffee does. Store brewed Teeccino in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Iced Teeccino is delicious too!