Keep in mind that I was an herbal tea designer when I ventured into the realm of designing an herbal coffee. Java was created after listening to coffee drinkers tell me that they wanted a regular flavor with less sweetness and fruitiness than Original, which was my first attempt at recreating the flavor of pure coffee. Original, now called Orange with citrus notes from orange peel, was just too different for purist coffee drinkers. It called for a rethink!
I cut down the dates and figs and took out the citrus top notes to deliver a purer coffee flavor with a deeper roasted body leaving just a hint of sweet. Enhanced with a natural coffee flavor made from plant extracts that don't have any of the caffeine or acidity of coffee, Java satisfies the coffee drinker who wants a medium roast with just a bit of sweetness. Most people find they don't need to add sugar to Java like they customarily would to regular coffee. However if you want a purely unsweetened brew, try our dark roasted French Roast or Dandelion Dark Roast, neither of which have any dates or figs.
- Naturally caffeine free – no processing or chemical residues
- Acid free – helps restore alkaline balance
- Natural energy boost – from nutrients not stimulants
- Antioxidants from carob, barley, dates, figs and almonds
- Contains heart-healthy potassium and soluble fiber
- Prebiotic – inulin from chicory root feeds your probiotics, the beneficial microflora that improve digestive health, regularity and supports your immune system. Inulin extracts naturally into your cup from chicory roots during brewing.
- Brewed Teeccino has no detectable gluten at less than 5 parts per million when prepared with a paper filter or tea bag. This has been verified by independent laboratory tests.
- All-purpose grind brews in any kind of coffee brewer including drip coffee makers, French press pots, Italian moka pots and espresso machines.
- Use the refillable K-cup with Teeccino's all-purpose grind for Keurig single serve brewers.
Roasted organic carob, organic barley, organic chicory, dates, almonds, natural coffee flavor*, organic figs.
*All Teeccino flavors are extracted from plants and comply with organic standards.
- Drip Coffee Maker: Use 1 rounded Tbsp per 2 cups of water.
- Filter Cone: Use 1 rounded Tbsp per 10 oz water.
- French Press: Add 1-2 Tbsp to ‘3-cup’, 3-4 Tbsp to ‘8-cup’ pots. Steep for 3 minutes.
- Espresso Machine: Use the double porta-filter and 102 rounded Tbsp. Brew according to machine instructions.
- Iced Teeccino: Chill brewed Teeccino. Or make a strong brew using 2 Tbsp per 2 cups water and pour the hot brew over ice.
- Adjust brewing strength and drink black or add creamer, milk, non-dairy milk and/or sweetener according to personal preference.
- Adjust brewing strength to your own personal preference. If a brew tastes too strong, simply dilute it by adding hot water, milk or nondairy milk.
- Brewed Teeccino can be reheated because its flavor doesn’t go stale like coffee does. Store brewed Teeccino in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Iced Teeccino is delicious too!