Being an herbal tea designer when I first created Teeccino I couldn't resist adding a hint of orange peel to the first flavor I created to taste like coffee. Next I blended in some dates and figs to produce a bit of sweetness that highlights those orange top notes.
I called my new creation "Original" but over time we've found that the purist coffee drinker wants a pure coffee-like flavor. My first attempt at replicating the deep roasted flavor of coffee was just a bit too sweet and fruity for them. Now we've renamed Original to become Orange which better reflects its citrus flavor profile and doesn't confuse our coffee loving customers.
For the rest of us who love complex flavors, there is something so wonderful about the contrast between the intensity of roasted chicory, barley and carob highlighted by the sparkle of sweet citrus tanginess - well you'll just have to try it for yourself to see if you agree with me!
- Naturally caffeine free – no processing or chemical residues
- Acid free – helps restore alkaline balance
- Natural energy boost – from nutrients not stimulants
- Antioxidants from carob, barley, dates, figs and almonds
- Contains heart-healthy potassium and soluble fiber
- Prebiotic – inulin from chicory root feeds your probiotics, the beneficial microflora that improve digestive health, regularity and supports your immune system. Inulin extracts naturally into your cup from chicory roots during brewing.
- Brewed Teeccino has no detectable gluten at less than 5 parts per million when prepared with a paper filter or tea bag. This has been verified by independent laboratory tests.
- All-purpose grind brews in any kind of coffee brewer including drip coffee makers, French press pots, Italian moka pots and espresso machines.
- Use the refillable K-cup with Teeccino's all-purpose grind for Keurig single serve brewers.
Roasted organic carob, organic barley, organic chicory, dates, orange peel, almonds, organic figs, natural citrus flavor*,
*All Teeccino flavors are extracted from plants and comply with organic standards.
- Drip Coffee Maker: Use 1 rounded Tbsp per 2 cups of water.
- Filter Cone: Use 1 rounded Tbsp per 10 oz water.
- French Press: Add 1-2 Tbsp to ‘3-cup’, 3-4 Tbsp to ‘8-cup’ pots. Steep for 3 minutes.
- Espresso Machine: Use the double porta-filter and 102 rounded Tbsp. Brew according to machine instructions.
- Iced Teeccino: Chill brewed Teeccino. Or make a strong brew using 2 Tbsp per 2 cups water and pour the hot brew over ice.
- Adjust brewing strength and drink black or add creamer, milk, non-dairy milk and/or sweetener according to personal preference.
- Adjust brewing strength to your own personal preference. If a brew tastes too strong, simply dilute it by adding hot water, milk or nondairy milk.
- Brewed Teeccino can be reheated because its flavor doesn’t go stale like coffee does. Store brewed Teeccino in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Iced Teeccino is delicious too!