It wasn't until I discovered ramón seeds from Central American rainforests that the dream of a dark roasted, unsweetened herbal coffee with enough body to carry coffee-like depth and intensity came into focus. The Maya drank a brewed beverage of roasted ramón seeds for all kinds of health reasons including their nutrient-density that made it a favorite drink of pregnant Mayan ladies. Please recall that this was prior to the Spaniards bringing the coffee tree across the Atlantic. You could call the Maya's brew of roasted ramón seeds, the New World's first coffee alternative!
If you like your coffee dark roasted without any competing flavor notes or sweetness, French Roast was created for you. In a choice between Teeccino's regular flavors, Java, French Roast, and Dandelion Dark Roast, those coffee drinkers who like pure coffee flavor prefer dark roasted French Roast. Those who like a medium roast with just a bit of sweetness prefer Java. For those who are gluten sensitive or want to detox, Dandelion Dark Roast has a slightly more bitter note from dandelion root's stimulating bitters. We offer these three versions of Teeccino because some people don't want any sweetness in their cup while others want to cut down on sugar but still need that sweet uplift. Between French Roast, Java, and Dandelion Dark Roast, we hope Teeccino meets the taste preference of all those who say, "Give me regular!".
- Naturally caffeine free & no processing or chemical residue
- Acid free & helps restore alkaline balance
- Antioxidants from carob, barley and ramón seeds
- Natural energy boost & from nutrients not stimulants
- Heart-healthy potassium an electrolyte mineral that restores hydration
- Inulin - a prebiotic soluble fiber that feeds your probiotics, the beneficial microflora that improve digestive health regularity and supports your immune system. Inulin extracts naturally into your cup from chicory during brewing.
Roasted organic carob, organic barley, organic chicory, organic ramón seeds, organic natural coffee flavor*. Produced on machinery that also processes almonds *All Teeccino flavors are extracted from plants and comply with organic standards.
All-purpose grind brews in any kind of coffee brewer including drip coffee makers, French press pots, Italian moka pots and espresso machines.
- Drip Coffee Maker: Use 1 rounded Tbsp per 2 cups of water.
- Filter Cone: Use 1 rounded Tbsp per 10 oz water.
- French Press: Add 1-2 Tbsp to ‘3-cup’, 3-4 Tbsp to ‘8-cup’ pots. Steep for 3 minutes.
- Espresso Machine: Use the double porta-filter and 102 rounded Tbsp. Brew according to machine instructions.
- Iced Teeccino: Chill brewed Teeccino. Or make a strong brew using 2 Tbsp per 2 cups water and pour the hot brew over ice.
- Adjust brewing strength and drink black or add creamer, milk, non-dairy milk and/or sweetener according to personal preference.
- Keurig: Use the refillable K-cup with Teeccino's all-purpose grind for Keurig single serve brewers.
- Adjust brewing strength to your own personal preference. If a brew tastes too strong, simply dilute it by adding hot water, milk or nondairy milk.
- Brewed Teeccino can be reheated because its flavor doesn’t go stale like coffee does. Store brewed Teeccino in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Iced Teeccino is delicious too!