Why do our taste buds love roasted flavors? Maybe because it’s been embedded in our DNA since the days when our ancestors sat around fires roasting whatever they had foraged. Roasting makes everything taste delicious and converts fiber into a more digestible form. Lately the craze for raw cacao (cocoa’s botanical name) has been trending, but I, for one, am a fan of the age-old roasted cocoa flavor. That’s the magic that creates “mocha” ~ the satisfying blend of roasted coffee notes from dandelion and chicory roots against rich, taste bud-entrancing cocoa.
A cup of Dandelion Mocha isn’t just for pleasure, though there’s plenty of that! The bitters in dandelion and chicory roots kick your liver and gallbladder into action. These two roots also happen to be nature's highest sources of inulin, the prebiotic soluble fiber that feeds your probiotics ~ those triillons of gut microflora that are responsible for creating vitamins, immune metabolites, and healthy digestion and elimination. They do everything from reducing inflammation to influencing your food cravings. Feed them and you shall thrive!
- Naturally caffeine free – no processing or chemical residues
- Acid free – helps restore alkaline balance
- Natural energy boost – from nutrients not stimulants
- Antioxidants from carob, dandelion roots, cocoa, dates, figs and almonds
- Contains heart-healthy potassium and soluble fiber
- Prebiotic – inulin from dandelion and chicory roots feed your probiotics, the beneficial microflora that improve digestive health, regularity and supports your immune system. Inulin extracts naturally into your cup from chicory roots during brewing.
- All-purpose grind brews in any kind of coffee brewer including drip coffee makers, French press pots, Italian moka pots and espresso machines.
- Use the refillable K-cup with Teeccino's all-purpose grind for Keurig single serve brewers.
Ingredients: Roasted organic carob, organic chicory, organic dandelion root, dates. almonds, natural mocha flavor*, organic organic figs, organic cocoa powder.
- Drip Coffee Maker: Use 1 rounded Tbsp per 2 cups of water.
- Filter Cone: Use 1 rounded Tbsp per 10 oz water.
- French Press: Add 1-2 Tbsp to ‘3-cup’, 3-4 Tbsp to ‘8-cup’ pots. Steep for 3 minutes.
- Espresso Machine: Use the double porta-filter and 102 rounded Tbsp. Brew according to machine instructions.
- Iced Teeccino: Chill brewed Teeccino. Or make a strong brew using 2 Tbsp per 2 cups water and pour the hot brew over ice.
- Adjust brewing strength and drink black or add creamer, milk, non-dairy milk and/or sweetener according to personal preference.
- Adjust brewing strength to your own personal preference. If a brew tastes too strong, simply dilute it by adding hot water, milk or nondairy milk.
- Brewed Teeccino can be reheated because its flavor doesn’t go stale like coffee does. Store brewed Teeccino in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Iced Teeccino is delicious too!